We who with songs beguile your pilgrimage / And swear that Beauty lives though lilies die, / We Poets of the proud old lineage / Who sing to find your hearts, we know not why ... (James Elroy Flecker)

24.4.18

In that lost part....



Poetry month, day 24

For this Tuesday Platform at "imaginary garden with real toads" we are offered the suggestion of writing twitter poetry, within the 140 character limit. Here's mine:


In that lost part ...

In that lost part of morning
just after first light
I forget not to think of you.
You're linked now 
to birdsong, and rosy sky.
#tweetpoem


I do occasionally write twitter poetry (or tweetpoems) and am grateful to Sanaa, today's prompter, for not specifying a poem of exactly 140 characters. This leaves room for me to include the hashtag, which I normally do.

The poem is untitled, but this post had to have a title, so I made it the opening phrase.

Yes, the poem has been posted – hashtagged and untitled – to @SnakyPoet on twitter.

Nearly a year later: But I have now deleted my twitter account, after years of using it less and less often.


20 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning, Rosemary!💜 I love the idea of one being linked to "birdsong, and rosy sky".. Thank you so much for writing to the prompt.💜

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so tender and such a lovely thought “you’re linked now to birdsong, and rosy sky”

    ReplyDelete
  3. lost part of morning... love that! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, no your will not forget.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had written this! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very well done.. you stayed within the parameters but it still spoke of tenderness perfectly''' try as I could I couldn't stick to 140... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This reminded me of the line "birds like tender babies in her hand" from the song MaCarthur Park. Lovely poem, Rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the birds could not have sung it better - elegiac

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning poem. "Lost part of the morning"....I love this

    ReplyDelete
  10. That lost part of morning...love this line. Overall a great tweetpoem.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If longing had a mouth, this one would make it scream. Memory can be such a terror when it comes to loss. What do we do when we can't keep down from singing with his voice, from touching our skins with his warmth...? So many emotions, in such a short bit. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're linked now
    to birdsong, and rosy sky

    A good start for the day, Rosemary!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely, heartfelt, and -- yes -- brief.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This tweet poem is packed with image and emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  15. lost part of morning and "forget (not) to think of you.... love the not. Very moving in so few words! Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Still love your pivotal line:

    I forget NOT to think of you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've tweeted my innermost thoughts - thank you Rosemary!

    ReplyDelete

DON'T PANIC IF YOUR COMMENTS DON'T POST IMMEDIATELY. They are awaiting moderation. Please allow for possible time difference; I am in Australia. ALSO, IF YOU ARE FORCED TO COMMENT ANONYMOUSLY – do add your name at the end, so I know it's you!